Field Staff Nurse RN/LPN- Full Time
The Staff Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing the patient/caregiver needs, planning for the care, implementing the Plan of Care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the care provided. Pro-actively promotes clinical competencies to assure positive patient outcomes by establishing and participating in the use of the clinical process to meet the realistic needs of the patient/family, as defined by the physician’s orders and the Plan of Care. Assure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing the patient/family’s needs, payor’s expectation, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives.
1. Graduate of State-approved school of nursing
2. Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required.
1. One (1) year experience in hospice preferred.
c. Other Qualifications
1. Current Illinois nursing license.
2. Certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
3. Excellent leadership, managerial ability, clinical assessment, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills.
4. A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third party payor expectations.
5. Reliable means of transportation.
1. Assisting in overall coordination of assigned patient-care services. Specific responsibilities include providing direct patient care activities that include all aspects of the nursing process.
2. Participating in Performance Improvement Team process.
3. Assisting supervisor with patient, office tasks and special projects as assigned.
4. Participating in committees as requested.
5. Responsible for on-call needs of patients.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/caregiver information.
7. Maintains agency Code of Conduct.
8. Accurate timesheet documentation.
9. Other duties as assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Benefit packages available for full time positions. (EOE)
Please visit www.hospice.org/careers for a full job description and to apply online.