Admission RN- Full Time
The Admission Nurse is responsible for assessing the patient/caregiver needs, planning for the care, implementing the Plan of Care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the care provided. Proactively promotes clinical competencies to assure positive patient outcomes by establishing and participating in the use of the clinical process to meet the realistic needs of the patient/family, as defined by the physician’s orders and the Plan of Care. Assure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing the patient/family’s needs, payor’s expectation, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives.
1. Graduate of State-approved school of nursing.
2. Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, preferred.
One (1) year experience in hospice preferred.
1. Current Illinois nursing license.
2. Certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
3. Excellent clinical assessment, organizational, and interpersonal relationship skills.
4. A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third-party payor expectations is preferred.
5. Reliable means of transportation.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: