Business Development Representative
Are you a strong communicator with good social skills and a penchant for persuasion? If so, TWM encourages you to apply for our Business Development (BD) Representative opening. This position is responsible for seeking business opportunities and building business relationships with prospective clients. Most time is spent outside the firm making contacts and visiting with key individuals. Job duties include opening doors where our professional engineering staff has not yet made advances.
Experience Level: Minimum of 3-5 years in BD/sales, preferably in A/E/C or a related industry
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Any TWM St. Louis area location
- Develop and maintain a strong business network
- Make cold calls
- Attend professional organization meetings, conferences, social gatherings, sporting events, fundraising events, and organize lunch-and-learns and other meetings
- Identify and research potential clients
- Build and maintain relationships with collaborators and teaming partners
- Maintain CRM database
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Gather debriefing information on all lost proposals
- Meet with project teams to help develop winning strategies
- Attend monthly BD meetings for all market segments
- Maintain company-wide BD calendar
- Other duties as warranted by company’s needs and individual’s knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in business development/sales preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related field, or additional relevant experience in a similar position and setting
- Must have strong management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Persistent and consistent follow-through
- Be organized, proactive, and able to set goals and hold self-accountable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Able to respond quickly and gracefully to difficult situations
- Motivated to learn and become intimately acquainted with firm’s business goals and practices
- Represents firm in a manner consistent with professional corporate image and standards
- Proficiency with CRM software preferred
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply visit www.twm-inc.com, go to Careers and How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Administrative positions.
- Indicate “Application – BD Rep” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your university's online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.